Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Blog Award


I received my first blog award for our family home school blog. I'm so excited and honored for this opportunity!! Thanks Jaime... you are the sweetest!!

There are a few minor details that we must cover.
In order to receive the award I have to:
1) To accept the award, post it on my blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her blog link, as well as a link to This Post from the original Superior Scribbler!
2) Pass the award to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
3) Add your link to the list of Superior Scribbler Awardees. This will promote your blog AND officially add you as a luminous Superior Scribbler!

So the blogs that I would like to award (in no particular order)

1. Homeschool Creations - I LOVE this blog, Jolanthe offers exceptional printables (for free) as well as great ideas, activities and encouragement for homeschooling parents for preschoolers through second grade or so.
2. Delightful Learning - This blog has been so helpful to me this year in our schooling, I use tons of the ideas off of here for Treyton's schooling. Michelle actually uses the same Get Ready for the Code workbooks that we do (though they are ahead of we are, which works particularly well for me), and answered a ton of the questions I had in the beginning!
3. 1+1+1=1 - The resources over at Carisa's blog are endless, it is through her blog that I have gotten some of the lapbooks (tot-books) I have used in our school as well as some great ideas for Lexie... for all of you that asked me for ideas for your younger kids visit her blog for her tot-school posts!
4. ABC and 123 - I have gotten a lot of resources for our letters from here, another great home schooling blog.
5. The Roger's Family Blog - I enjoy this blog particularly because the ages of our kids are so close and similar so I've been able to glean alot of ideas and cute stories

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Amber- this is nothing to really do with this post but a friend of my family has a blog and has always home schooled her 2 girls. Their oldest daughter is currently in the St. Louis Junior Symphony and recently got a NEAR PERFECT on her ACT! I thought I would give her blog address as just an insight into how home schooling can work out. Blessings! http://fergyfamforum.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

Thanks Jenna... I always love recommendations!

Michelle said...

Congrats! And you are so sweet to think of me, thank you! *Ü*