Thursday, April 1, 2010

Field Trip: Zoo

So, as it is probably obvious from my lack of posting in the last 3 weeks - Audrey is here!! She is 3 weeks today and she is absolutely precious! If you want to see more about her or see pictures of her visit my other blog: Journey of Grace

We started up school again this week, and so far it has gone pretty well, I hope to post a weekly update post tomorrow, but today we actually took a field trip to the zoo - this was my first outing with all three kids alone - it went GREAT!! I'm so glad I decided to take them on my own. The weather was PERFECT, the kids were great, and we all had a great time - not to mention the fact that I got a little bit of walking in as well.

 Here is Alexa watching the Prairie Dogs, she LOVES riding in the stroller, which was such a blessing, the few times she did get out, she got right back in it. 
Treyton at the Prairie Dogs - Treyton wanted to see two things, the bear and the turtle - usually we never see the bear (it's too hot out) but we saw him today, but the big tortoise wasn't, kind of a bummer!! 
Oh well, the bear is more exciting anyway (at least to me it is!) 
Plus Treyton didn't realize there were giraffes there so once he saw the giraffes he was satisfied with whatever happened! 
Treyton really wanted to take a picture, so here is a not so great picture of me, taken by Treyton. (See I was there... and so was Audrey) 
The kids with the fake wolf... the real one wasn't out today, but it didn't seem to bother them, this one they could touch!! 
The kids got to feed the giraffe today - they LOVED it! Later I asked Treyton what color a giraffe tongue was (seeings as how he literally licked his hand I figured he would remember)... he didn't, no worries though, I reminded him :)
Lexa got a turn too - she cannot get enough of the animals, so this was an especially squeally moment for her!! 

We had a great day, and while I am sure I could have made it a more educational trip, I'm just happy that we got out and about and back home all in one piece and without mom going crazy :)

3 comments:

Jessica-MomForHim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia Lee said...

Go Amber!!! By yourself with all 3. That is one of the things I think about and worry. We will see.

Kim said...

I was just wondering where you'd been, and then realized that Baby had probably arrived. She is beautiful (I checked your other blog). Congratulations. And Congrats on managing the zoo on your own with all 3. I'm impressed. Looks like a great day! Glad to see you back!