Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bee Unit: Links

We are planning on starting a unit on bees next week. Tim, Treyton and Alexa are out of town this weekend so I was able to get most of my research done in an afternoon! I had a little extra time, so I also made my own worksheet and extra lapbook pieces.

Videos

GPNC – Honey Bees

Bee Cam – Resets every 15 seconds

Life Cycle of Honey Bees Video on youtube

Dancing Honeybees on youtube

Science of the Bees Video

Lesson Plans

Homeschool Share – Honey Bees

Lesson Plan at www.honey.com (geared for 4th – 8th graders)

Lapbook

Homeschool Share Lapbook

Free Lapbook on Mediafire

My Printables

Do_You_Like_to_Buzz

Cut the book out, fold in half and place the bee on the front.

Bee_Lapbook 

Bee_Worksheet

Do You Like to Buzz? Lapbook

Beehive and Flower Lapbook Printables

Bee Worksheet

1 comment:

Ticia said...

Very cool. I'll remember this when we get to bees in our insect studies.