Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Recommended Websites

I had a couple of links that I wanted to share with you all – as always I continue to update my resource list found in the drop down toolbar, but I wanted to bring your attention to a couple of things. First off ABC Jesus Loves Me is a website that recently contacted me and asked me to take a look at their site and let me know what I think. It’s taken me a while but I finally got over there this past week. I haven’t looked as closely as I would like, but it seems like a great site.

They have free Bible curriculum at  for 3 and 4 year olds – 36 weekly lesson plans for each age, completely planned out for you. This is an excellent resource!!

They also have a page dedicated to creative sayings/lines to help your children learn to write their letters at ABC Jesus Loves Me – if you are teaching your child to write – you definitely need to check this out.

Printable Sight Word Booklets at Hubbards Cupboard

Tumblr Header3

Now – for the big reveal last week I started my own tumblr site. For a good explanation of what exactly tumblr is and the benefits of using it for yourself you can head over to Carissa’s blog for a better description.

But in a simple explanation of how I am using tumblr: it is as a public bookmarking sharing site. Meaning, when I find fun and creative ideas and projects that I would like to remember or keep, I bookmark them to this site to save them – the beauty of tumblr is that you can all see them too. So if you’re interested in seeing some of my favorite ideas check out my tumblr site.

There are two different views – there is what I will call a “list” view which is laid out more like a regular blog and then there is the thumbnail view. I like the look of the thumbnail view, because it is pictures (and I am highly visual) but it’s personal preference.

From the list viewing page I have a link that you can click to see sites by category or labels.

I would love for you all to check it out when you have time. Have fun browsing, but as a warning, it can get addicting (maybe set a time limit)!!

2 comments:

Ticia said...

Hmmmm...... maybe I will join tumblr.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing more great resources. I clicked the making clouds link and found some fun ideas for making rainbows.