Tuesday, June 15, 2010

TOS Crew Blog Walk

I mentioned before that I got accepted to be a part of this years TOS Crew (which I am so excited about) and I just found out that one of the other crew moms had the great idea of introducing 10 new blogs at a time:
I happened to be on the first list, this week, so for those visiting from the Blog Walk – Hi! I’m Amber – and if you’re interested enough to stick around, I’m going to tell you ten things about myself.
1. I love Jesus and I’m trying to live my life walking every day beside Him, loving Him and serving Him.
2. I have been married to my best friend for 7 years (this July).
3. We have three beautiful children Treyton (5), Alexa (2) and Audrey (born March 11th).
4. This is our second year homeschooling – though last year we were just doing preschool.
5. I was homeschooled most of my academic career (minus K and 4th grade and the 4 years I went to college).
6. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in General Business from the UW-Whitewater, that I’ve never really used, and probably never will. In fact, I never really talk about it either, besides writing it here I can’t remember the last time I even thought about it.
7. My daughter who will be 2 next month completely potty-trained herself earlier this week. I know it seems like a silly thing to have in my “top ten” but, let’s be honest, this is what my life is all about right now!!
8. We do year-round homeschooling with no deliberate schedule – we do 36 weeks of school a year taking breaks if and when we need them.
9. I LOVE BOOKS!! I mean seriously love them. A room full of books or a single book, it doesn’t matter I’m interested!
10. I love learning, I am the poster-child for “life-long learning” I love to learn and I’m realizing that I have to be careful to not smother my kids with all the things that I want to learn!!
So there you have it, a little bit about me, now here is the list of the other 9 blogs you can check out if you like.
Reaping a Harvest
Pink & Orange Coffee
Live, Laugh, Learn!
Mrs. Mandy's Musings
The Fantastic Five
Refined Metals Academy
Just A Moment in Time
Providence Farm
My Journey
 Petra School
HSCrew468x60Animated

23 comments:

Ticia said...

How were you homeschooled in college?

Wonder Mom said...

It's so nice to meet ya Amber! I mean, with a name like that, you just have to be a fabulous person...

(In case you haven't figured it out yet, my name is also Amber...oh yes...Amber waves of grain...)

McMama said...

LOVE your blog! I have a 4.5 year old little boy so I might be stealing some of your ideas!! Stopped by cause of the Blogroll but would've stopped by anyway cause we're on the same mini-crew! So excited about this year!!

Amber said...

Ticia,
sorry for the confusion - I was NOT homeschooled in college. I was homeschooled except for K, 4th and 4 years of college.

Spesamor Academy said...

Glad to meet you. :) I'm excited to find another early education blog!

Jesse, said...

Hi, Amber! It's nice to meet you. Our youngest was born on the 19th of March! I'm a newbie crewmate as well and looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

Virginia Lee said...

I love number 10, being careful about smothering your kids with all you want to learn. I can very much relate. My "want to study with the kids" list is long. Good thing we have a whole life of learning together.

Melissa said...

Hi Amber! It's so great to meet you!

Mrs. Taffy said...

I'm "walking" by waving hello! I'm new to the older crew, but I have a bunch of littles too! You have a beautiful family! So nice to meet you!

Berry Patch said...

Welcome to the Crew! Love your list! I really love finding "2nd generation" homeschoolers. So cool.

Debra said...

I love that you put the potty training in your top ten. I'm past that stage (my youngest is 4), but I so totally understand!

Samvach said...

Hi, Amber! What a great name - our oldest dd is named Amber. I am here from the TOS Crew blog walk. I am on TOS Crew with the older group for the first time this year.

Your header and button are beyond adorable and I am so impressed that you did them yourself.

I was also really happy to read that you were homeschooled yourself. My daughter often says she wants to homeschool her own children someday. I certainly hope she does!

I am following your blog now and look forward to hearing more about your family. If you ever have time, stop by and say hi at http://tobebusyathome.blogspot.com.I blog about homeschooling and family life.

Samantha

Michelle said...

I love your post! Great idea on introducing yourself.

Hi from the Crew forum.

Tim @ Families Again said...

Congratulations on making the crew. I am so impressed with how organized you are. I definitely am a relaxed (probably too relaxed at time) homeschooler. Looking forward to reading your blog and learning more from you this year.

Tim @ Families Again

Tess said...

I'm really enjoying the blog walk. I especially liked reading your 10 things about yourself.

Briana said...

Hello. I came by to see you from the blog walk listed on the crew forum.

Looks like your students have a great teacher/mommy.

Rachel said...

Just getting started on the blog walk. Looks like you have lots of great things you're doing with your kids.

Alexis said...

I like #10. The fact that you love learning and consider yourself the poster child for life-long-learning means I succeeded!! That was my goal for our homeschool days.
(Mom)h

Lisa said...

Hello fellow crew mate! I enjoyed visiting your blog today!

Stacy said...

I am taking the "Blog Walk". I have enjoyed looking through your posts. It looks like you have lots of fun and learn so much! This is my first year to be a crew member and I'm on the older crew. I look forwarding to visiting you again.

Jennifer said...

It's great to learn more about you. Beautiful #1.

Jennifer said...

Your unit posts are really nice. I love your book selections!

Sharon said...

Your blog is so cute! Love it!
Hi from a new crew member.