Friday, June 11, 2010

Tot School: Week 1

We just finished our first week of school for our school year. Lexa was very interested in being a part of our school week, and she did great entertaining herself when she needed too.

The biggest accomplishment BY FAR this week  - is the fat that Lexie decided it was time to be potty trained. I am so very excited!!

Lexa participated with Treyton when it came to our Bible Lesson on Gideon and Before Five in a Row - The Carrot Seed.

She worked on lacing this week, she did very well, she could get the lace in and I would push it all the way through for her and she would pull it out. She enjoyed this very much and asked to do it a couple of times.
She really enjoyed the building blocks, stacking and knocking down. Before she stacked low and out, now she is starting to stack tall and skinny. 

She also worked on her Melissa & Doug clock which she uses to match up the shapes. She is getting really good at this and needs minimal help.

Of course she colored and drew alot this week, as always this is her favorite thing to do.

Something that I thought was pretty amazing is that while sitting on the potty one time she had three dice in her hand she said "3, 2, 3 --- 3!!" and showed me the dice. A little while later Treyton was counting how many cards he had won in his math game and this is how it went:
T: "1, 2, 3, 4"
A: "5!"
T: "5, 6"
A: "even" (for seven)
T: "7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12....."
A: "ta-teen"
T: "13, 14, 15, 16 ,17, 18, 19." (he stopped cause that was how many cards he had
A: "teennty"

Tim didn't believe me when I told him, but I am serious!!  I suppose it's possible, she hears Treyton and I count to 20 all the time.... I tried to get her to do it a little while later and of course she wouldn't, Tim tells me to just let it go and let her be.... I'm going to try :)

Overall, we had a great first week.

4 comments:

sbswtp said...

What a great week!!! That is awesome that she is starting to know her numbers- regardless if she can repeat on demand ;) So exciting!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I believe you about Lexa's counting! I've heard F "count" by filling in numbers up to 20 as well, though she won't do it on command, either (so Daddy hasn't heard it)! It's so cool to hear what they are soaking up when we don't even realize it!

Catherine said...

So cute! Abby does the same thing with counting. It's amazing what they absorb by listening in on an older sibling! :)

Sherri said...

I just found your website through a blog walk posted by Walking Home - a friend and new crew member.

I'm really excited about some of the ideas you have posted here and will be doing them with my children. Looking forward to seeing more. We just started a first formal week of tot school - I've been wanting to do it for a year!