Wednesday, October 6, 2010

American History Introduction

While on vacation, Treyton had his first introduction to American History when we visited Mount Vernon. IMG_0081_bw I was surprised by how much he picked up and some of the questions he asked. 

imageWhile there, I went to the gift shop and ended up finding some really great books. One of which we read on the drive home called “Phoebe the Spy”. 

Based on a true story about a 13-year old girl, Phoebe, who goes under cover as a slave for George Washington, in hopes of finding the man plotting to kill the general. IMG_0091After we got home I had Treyton illustrate and retell me the story. This was his narration:

“Thomas was trying to put poison on George Washington’s salad. The girl said “Run as fast as you can, get dad!” The girl and boy said “no!” The girl threw it out, the chickens ate it and they died.”

IMG_0040I am really looking forward to reading some of the other books that I picked up as well. And to see if Treyton could be interested in even more.

No comments: