Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Counting Coins

IMG_0014 I saw this cute game on Superheroes and Princesses and knew I wanted to do it with Treyton.

To make the “game board” I folded a piece of paper into 4-columns. Because we are learning the number value of the coins, instead of placing the coins at the top, I wrote the number value instead (for a constant reminder). IMG_0005

1-Player Game

I gave Treyton a die and let him roll. I would give him the value of what he rolled in pennies. He could trade the pennies to get higher and higher coins (nickles, dimes or quarters).

IMG_0004

I called myself the banker, and would allow him to exchange money in between each turn.

We play until one of us gets tired of the game.

IMG_0003

2-Player Game

Each player gets a game board. We set a specific number of rolls before the game starts (we say 20).

You rotate around the board, rolling the die. The banker (who can also be a player) pays the pennies worth of what you roll. The players exchange their pennies for higher value when they want (for what they want).

At the end of the game, the person with the most money wins.

IMG_0007

No comments: