Saturday, October 9, 2010

What I Learned on Vacation

We are not planning on doing very heavy school this week, as we just got back from vacation. However, because school is such a part of our lifestyle, we seemed to just naturally steer that direction. IMG_0081_bw I had put together a State Journal Book for our trip – with three pages for each state. There was a state symbol page, a “My Favorite Thing I did Here was:” page, and a blank state map for each state we traveled through. Treyton really got a lot from these pages, and I think he learned a lot. IMG_0038 IMG_0034 IMG_0035 IMG_0036 IMG_0037 We were able to complete most of the pages along the way, but there were some that didn’t get finished so today, we decided to finish our journal.

~~~~

After completing the journal I asked Treyton what he learned on this trip.

At first he said “Nothing, I don’t know.”

But then I said “What about when you played football with dad, did you learn anything about football?”

To which he replied “Ohhhh, I didn’t know you meant that stuff.” He then went on to give me a list of things he learned while on the trip. Here was some of what he said:

~ I learned how to play ski-ball in the game room, and new game with 1, 2 and pushing your hands.

~ In the caverns it can be really dark, a little tiny wet and a little cold.

~ I learned how to kick a football in the air and not just on the ground IMG_0073 ~ Mountain :) Vernon was where George Washington lived (he did need a little help with “George” though he knows the Washington part).

~ He was the first President. Thomas tried to poison him, but the little girl, or boy, saved him.

~ Jesus is so powerful He made the whole world. He even made really big waterfalls which are so awesome.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Loved all your vacation photos! Looks like you had a great time and covered lots of ground! Especially loved how you tied it into school. Great job!

Debbie said...

I love how you made a vacation journal and tied so much schooling into your vacation.

I invite you to link this to my Geography/History Meme at http://whisperswhispering.blogspot.com/2010/10/geographyhistory.html

Ticia said...

They always think they learned less than they really did.