Saturday, July 23, 2011

My First Homeschool Mother’s Journal Entry

image In my life this week… I am in the process of canning some of our first harvest from our garden. We also went to pick some more raspberries this week because I wanted to make raspberry syrup in addition to the raspberry jam I made last week. It feels so great to see our hard work paying off.

In our homeschool this week… We finished up the gut of our My Father’s World First grade curriculum this week, which is a huge check mark of relief in our school. We are four weeks into school and about to start MFW Adventures. I think we will be taking next week off of school, as we are going to start swimming lessons next week, and then we will start up the week after that (August 1st).

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Relax, teach the child, not curriculum.

I am inspired by… my husband.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… this feels like the first week we haven’t been coming and going, it’s been a home-bound week for me, sigh, and it’s been great.

What’s working/not working for us… nature study, we have been loving, loving, loving being outside, studying our frog, and learning from real life.

What’s not working is a strict schedule. :)

I’m reading… I just started “The Ministry of Motherhood” by Sally Clarkson and I finished this week “Living The Cross-Centered Life” by CJ Mahaney and “Indelible: A Novel” by Kristen Heitzmann. Both great books.

I’m grateful for… my family

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

IMG_0035 (Lexie reacted to some sort of bug bite while camping, this is it after it had gone down. At it’s biggest point it was double this.)

No comments: