Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: MathHouse Game Card Set

image I recently had the opportunity to review Carlito C. Caterpillar's MathHouse Game Card Set. I am always looking for fun and new little math games to play with the kids so I thought that this would be a nice addition.

image Product Description:

“Based on Domenico’s proprietary 20 Step Sensory Math Teaching System. Featuring two uniquely designed games to demonstrate each step (40 games in all)

The set contains:

  • 30 double-sided, full color, illustrated Game Cards
  • Related editorial information explaining to parents The What, Why and How of Each Step
  • Each 8" x 4" loose leaf card is printed on heavy card stock, lacquered to help protect from spills and ring bound to keep together and facilitate play”

Product Review

This product is what it says it is. I loved that there were printable resources available for use on the website instead of having to make my own (or to even make copies).

I also liked having a resource like this as small game cards on a ring that I could easily take on and off, rather than in a book. It may seem like a small thing, but it made it a lot easier for me to use and handle.

This product has some really cute math ideas and hands-on activities that my kids really enjoyed. Lexie particularly liked the “climb up” game. A game where she counted out cheerios, on to a chart to represent each numerical number.

This is a great “extra” to go along with our primary curriculum, or for parents to use after-school with their students.

The only negative that I must include in my review is that while I think it’s a great product, I don’t think that it’s worth the price tag.

Purchase Information:

You can purchase Carlito C. Caterpillar's MathHouse Game Card Set for $23.95, which includes shipping.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments: