Monday, November 21, 2011

FIAR: Make Way for Ducklings

This week we rowed the book “Make Way for Ducklings”. I actually got the Scholastic video of the book being read with the illustrations, for the kids to watch this week. It was nice to be able to change it up a little bit. IMG_0033

Duck Puppets

I found these duck puppets at picklebums.com that I printed off for Alexa to play with. She LOVED them!

IMG_0047

Sand Tracing

We focused on the letter D this week, for Duck

IMG_0028Before she wrote the letter D, I had her practice a few times tracing the letter in the sand.

D is for Duck

IMG_0023Alexa practiced writing the letter D for the first time. She preferred for me to write the letter lightly on the paper, and then to copy over it, so that’s what I did for the first several ones. Then I had her write it on her own. She did amazing.

Letter Dd Puzzle

IMG_0027Alexa enjoys the P is for Princess puzzle from confessions on a regular basis, so I went ahead and printed off the 6-piece letter D puzzle from Confessions of a Homeschooler’s blog.

Alphabet Puzzle

Lexie completed the Melissa and Doug Alphabet Train puzzle (totally on her own)…. three different times one morning! She was very proud of herself.

IMG_0031Letter Dd Do-a-Dot

I also printed this page from Confession’s blog. These are always Lexie’s favorites.

IMG_0004

Duck Paper Craft     IMG_0059DLTK has these amazing paper animal crafts, that Alexa loves. We did the duck one for this unit. Alexa does not like my help with these. She cuts, glues, and assembles completely on her own. By the way, this duck came with wings, but somewhere along the way we lost them.

IMG_0060

I kept this unit pretty simple, because we had a pretty busy week, but I did what we could, and Alexa liked it, which was good enough for me.

Next week we will be working on Thanksgiving crafts and activities and then we will be taking several weeks off as we travel and celebrate the holidays a bit.

LINKS

Lapbook @ Homeschool Share

Ducks Lapbook @ Homeschool Share

Duck Lapbook @ 1+1+1=1

Paper Plate Duck Craft @ Enchanted Learning

Paper Duck Craft @ DLTK

Duck Theme @ Everything Preschool

Prekinders Duck Bingo Pages

Prekinders Rhyming Cards

No comments: