Sunday, February 5, 2012

Letter K – Kites, Kangaroo and King

This week Alexa learned about the letter K.

As usual she had a blast with all the activities and printables I had planned, but she did struggle this week more than normal with learning to write the letter k (for good reason, I think it’s one of the toughest letters to write). January 2012 008

She practiced tracing the letter k in the sand, this helped her a lot in her form, but not necessarily her confidence. Even now, when she wrote it on paper, she kept saying “I can’t, I can’t, draw dots for me mom”. January 2012 009With the dots or tracing, she does great, but on her own, she doesn’t really even try.

K is for Kangaroo

IMG_0366

IMG_0368I printed off the Kangaroo Paper Craft from DLTK, which Alexa completed on her own. She loves to glue, as you can tell from her beautiful page.

K is for Kites

January 2012 028I cut out some kites, wrote numbers 1-10 on,

January 2012 024which we attached yarn too, and then glued on the right number of tails to the numeral. January 2012 027

January 2012 011 Kite Puzzle from Confessions of a Homeschooler

K is for King

We read about King David this week, and Alexa made a glitter crown in honor of learning that King starts with the letter K.

January 2012 023She was all about the glue and glitter (of course)… this is probably one of her favorite things she’s done all year.

Jan-Feb 2012 032

Alexa also worked on the “usual” Explode the Code Workbook, and the other Confessions of a Homeschooler printables. We were pretty busy this week, so I didn’t manage to get as many pictures as I normally do…. maybe next time :)

No comments: