Sunday, August 12, 2012

Field Trip: Milwaukee County Zoo

IMG_3806This past week (August 8th) the kids and I headed to the Milwaukee County Zoo to meet up with my sister and her kids for a fun field trip. IMG_3801I have lived in Wisconsin since I was 9 years old and have never been to this zoo. After paying to get in, I can see why :) It was a little pricey, but it is truly a beautiful zoo. I really enjoyed it. IMG_3772

As excited as she was to be there, sadly, only a half hour after we got there and situated Audrey ended up getting the stomach flu, and yes, it was as AWFUL as it sounds. She ended up throwing up all over herself, me and the reptile building floor. Thank God, my sister was there – seriously, I don’t know what I would have done without her. There I was 2 hours away from home, with a sick baby and two kids whose only desire in the world at that moment was to see the animals. IMG_3804We spent 4 hours total at the zoo, it was truly a beautiful day – a perfect day (weather wise). The older kids had a good time, excluding the fact that mom’s nerves were frayed and to say I was “uptight” would be a little bit of an understatement. IMG_3800Treyton’s biggest disappointment was that he had really wanted to go to the Sea Lion show, but after Audrey got sick, all I could manage was  getting the kids to see as many animals as we could and sitting with Audrey was just not an option.          IMG_3770

At the end of the day, we decided to take the train ride. This was a highlight for the older kids. IMG_3810 

IMG_3811 

IMG_3813 

IMG_3820Poor Audrey not only missed most of the zoo but I felt helpless as I watched her deteriorate more and more as the day went on. By the time she got home she was beyond lethargic and her fever was at 102.5 she could barely move – after not keeping anything down ALL day, she hadn’t cried even once – I mean I barely even got a moan out of her. Gratefully she was over it by morning…. and so far no one else has gotten it. IMG_3822And check it out ---- big mama got a new t-shirt through the whole deal!  IMG_3769

1 comment:

Mary said...

We just went there in June! We live in Texas, but took a road trip for most of June. We visted my life long friend from childhood, and we went to the zoo. As a kid we used to go there (we lived outside Chicago) and that was when Sampson the Gorilla was there! It is a great zoo - I loved the indoor big cat exhibit.