Saturday, September 1, 2012

Artist Study: Pablo Picasso

Pictures Studied

Nusch

Three Musicians

image The Dream

image The Old Guitarist

image Guernica

image Weeping Woman

Books We Read:

Activities

I had Treyton use oil pastels to color this Three Musicians page (I forgot to take a picture of this activity) but Treyton did a great job on it.

Pablo Portrait: we did a portrait picasso style, I saw this idea on several websites but to put it simply I had Treyton draw a cubist style face (he chose to do a rectangle shape head), I then had him pick 4 (we ended up using 5) water colors to paint with. IMG_3727 After it dried we used a black oil pastel (you could use a sharpie) to trace dark lines giving it a bolder look. Treyton really really enjoyed this activty. I think this is the most proud I have seen him over a piece of his own art. He is usually very critical of his own artwork, but when he told his Dad about this piece he said “It’s like even better than picasso!” (I agree) IMG_3732

Three Musicians Water Color for this activity I had Treyton use water colors on this coloring page. (I once again forgot to take a picture of the finished activity).

Quotes

“Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.” ~ Pablo Picasso

“Every Child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up.” ~Pablo Picasso

No comments: