Saturday, September 15, 2012

Field Trip: Hands-On Art Studio

A while back (like a year ago) Tim had told me about a hands-on art studio up in door county that he had wanted to take the kids to… apparently there was some miscommunication on what exactly this place was all about, because I TOTALLY did not realize how awesome this place was. Long story short, we didn’t go see it when he had recommended it, until I found out about “on my own”, and then I thought it was a great idea.

It’s a do-it-yourself art studio with ceramics, mosaics, metal art, glass fusing and more. While camping up in Door County this past weekend we decided to take a little field trip over there to check it out. Come to find out it WAS as awesome as I thought it was!! :)

After walking through all of the buildings and art areas, Alexa and I chose to paint ceramics IMG_4428while Treyton and Dad decided to do metal art (no surprises there :)) IMG_4443Thankfully Grandma Lex and Papa Luke were there to help Alexa (while mom worked on hers), IMG_4442_edited-1and keep an eye on Audrey who wasn’t interested in art as much as touching everything. :) IMG_4431It was such a fun experience. I cannot wait to go back. I have some other kitchen dishes that I would like to add to my collection.   IMG_4432I wasn’t able to watch Tim and Treyton work on their project, but they made a beautiful flower! IMG_4436 This is Treyton’s first experience with welding, as soon as he knew metal was an option, he wasn’t going to do anything else – he made his daddy proud.  IMG_4440

Here are Alexa’s and I’s finished projects: Hands On Projects As well as Treyton’s which is outside in our flower bed facing our window giving us color all throughout the year ;) : Hands On Projects2

No comments: