- How Would You Survive as an Ancient Greek? by Fiona Macdonald
- Ancient Greece (Eyewitness Books) by Anne Pearson
- The Story of the World: Volume 1 by Susan Wise Bauer (Chapters 18, 19 and 23)
- Footsteps in Time: The Greeks
- This is a great book, or series rather, it has information, activities and crafts included
- You Wouldn’t Want to Be a Slave in Ancient Greece
- This has got to be Treyton’s favorite historical series, he begs to read them
- The Best Book of Ancient Greece by Belinda Weber
- The Trojan War
We made knucklebones, which was a common an ancient Greek game that the kids would play.
We made our knucklebones from paper mache’ – mixing elmer’s glue and water together to make a paste, we ripped up small pieces of newspaper mixed it all together and formed our knucklbones by squeezing them in our hands.
Once they dried, Treyton painted them.
To play you place the knucklebones on your palm, toss them in the air, flip your hand over and try to catch the bones on the back of your hand. Once you can do one well, add more bones.
Weeks after our unit, Treyton still enjoys playing with these.