Monday, December 3, 2012

Personal Thankgsiving Books

This year as we studied Thanksgiving the kids and I worked on making them their own books telling about the holiday.

I searched high and low on the internet and found lots of great sites (most of which are on my Thanksgiving Pinterest Board) however, very few of them were actually what I was looking for - I didn't want to spend a lot of time on activities and books on scarecrows, turkeys and pumpkins, but rather the First Thanksgiving and the Pilgrims.

After wasting hours of time :( I finally decided to purchase the Evan Moor's First Thanksgiving and Life in Plymouth Colony ebook from currclick. This along with some of the other printables I found ended up being exactly what I had envisioned. 

I "wrote" a simple version of the First Thanksgiving story which we then cut up and pasted in our book. We then illustrated the book with different printables from either Evan Moor books or online. 

Books We Read: 

We had a great time learning about the Pilgrims and made great memories while making our books: 
 
I am including just pictures of Treyton's Book because Alexa's looked very similar minus a few pages. 
IMG 5493

IMG 5495

IMG 5496

 

IMG 5497

IMG 5498

IMG 5499

IMG 5500

IMG 5501

IMG 5502

IMG 5503

IMG 5504

 

IMG 5505

Extra Links & Resources:

No comments: